From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 12:56:09 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Was enjoying all the funny stories and thought I'd share a few of my own.
About 2 years ago myself and the three fuzzies were living in an old
apartment in Worcester, Ma.  The kitchen had horizontal blinds with long
pulls that touched the floor when the blinds were up.  My three guys were
dancing around my feet because I was standing not too far from where the
raisins were kept.  All of the sudden Cindy, my only girl, jumps up and
takes hold of the blind pull and is dangling from it.  I watched in awe
as she spun herself around and literally propelled herself again and
again off the side of the wall just having a blast spinning away.
Finally she loosened her grip, jumped to the floor and war danced her
way around the room.  The thought of auditioning her for Barnum & Bailey
did cross my mind. ;-)

Around the same time frame I was vacuuming the ferret room.  My Petey,
who was a baby then, had not experienced vacuum cleaning so close up and
was terrified.  I tried holding him while vacuuming hoping he would get
use to the sound if exposed to it.  Nothing doing.  He climbed to the
side of my head which was braided in about a million small braided
extensions at the time, and dug his claws in tight.  All I could think
of was if any of my neighbors were to look in on us they would see this
crazy lady vacuuming with a quivering ferret, exhibiting a death grip
stuck to the side of her head.  I learned after that that it was just
easier to put them in another room while I cleaned.  And Petey has since
gotten use to the vacuum.

Well those are two of many funny stories.  I hope you all enjoy them!

One last thing...While in Mexico about a month ago, I kept seeing signs
for Ferreterias.  Does anybody know what that is?  In my silly mind I was
thinking that wouldn't it be funny if it were a cafeteria for ferrets.  I
pictured them all walking around with little trays.  Anyways, I'll stop.
I was just curious.

Thanks for listening,
Jennifer, CJ, Cindy, & Pete in waiting-for-cooler-days Phoenix, AZ