From:
Carrie Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:40:33 -0700
Hi-
I have 2, 3-4 year old sable ferrets, one boy Misha, and a girl Sugar pea.
They are exteremly sweet, don't bite, very affectionate etc, etc.  They have
had many ferret friends come over to visit, and they always get along with
everyone.  I just got a 6week old silver kit whom we named Lulu, this
weekend and I am not sure what to expect of the older guys with her.

Do they know she is a baby?  Sugar Pea seems to be pretty gentle on her,
but I caught Misha running across the room with her hanging out of his
mouth like he does with his stuffed toys.  I don't know if she was going to
be hidden under the couch with the toys or what.  He and sugar pea wrestle
a lot and he tries to drag her around by her head but she puts up a good
fight.

Do I need to only allow them to play/wrestle supervised?  The kit is
interested in play with him , she is leaping on him and all that.  They did
let ther sleep with them yesterday during the day, (they are free roamers)
but I have been keeping her in a separate room at night.  So any tips?  Any
way to let him know she's a baby?  He got disciplined (nose flick, yell no,
and time out in a box) for dragging her around (he's done it 3 times now) I
don't want to keep her separate for weeks until she gets big enough, she
looks so lonely!

Please let me know if you have any help to offer.

Carrie