From:
Cheryl Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 06:41:46 -0800
It is nice to see the Red Cross is helping now. When Katrina hit I
stopped the Red Cross vehicle and asked for help for my 6 babies.
They had no information and said they would find out and be by the
next day.

The next day with me sitting on the porch with my kids, they drove
right by. I felt so helpless as what to do for my kids. Everyone said
leave them behind, save yourself. No, that is not how it works. I got
them to Vicksburg and from there bought a car and on to Kansas City, MO
to the KC Ferret Hotline where they stayed until I found a home for all
of us. It took me less that 30 days to bring us all together again, I
had to hurry the visits to the shelter were breaking my heart, as my
kids have always been free roamers. I just lost my last Katrina
survivor in October 2011.