Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:33:30 -0800
After all day at the vet, Blinky was found to have a dislocated hip on
her second set of x-rays (why they didn't do hip x-rays first in the
first series, I have no clue). She was hypovolemic and still is, but
they want us to take her home. They say there is going to be swelling
and I may have to express her bladder.

They are saying there is no surgery to right this, so we have to have
her in a carrier for weeks on end for it to have a chance at healing. I
am grateful to every person who emailed me about wheelchairs - I need
to see how much this bill is going to be, and then I can go about a
chair. I'll ask the vet if a chair that keeps her immobile in the back
is too much movement - it probably is, but just in case this doesn't
get better we still want to get a chair. Unfortunately we didn't get
the doctor we usually have - so I am afraid it's going to be a giant
amount compared to the low prices we get in general from the main vet,
who knows we spend $$$$ a year in vet bills anyway.

Anyway - we have to go pick her up since they have no one there at
night. I was wondering if anyone on list has dealt with this type of
thing before. I didn't catch if they were both dislocated, or just one
- I think just one. I know I saw her tail twitching shortly after she
fell, then nothing afterward, but they say she can feel the pain.

Something else may be wrong with her as well - her temp dropped
drastically, to around 90F, it's up to 98F now. It took since 10:30 to
now to go up 8 degrees. They said they have no clue what is causing
that.

Thank you all again,