From:
Kim Neel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2003 19:05:46 -0400
While I see your point about this matter, I am one of those people that
capture ferals and take them to my local feral program, then re-release.
If EVERYBODY would get involved in this cause, then the feral population
would eventually decrease greatly.  Unfortunately, not all people are
educated in this area.  Most larger cities have a feral cat program and
it is VERY easy to get involved with them, if you have a feral colony
that needs attention.  It really is too bad for these poor cats....
they didn't ask to be born and had it not been for just a handful of
irresponsible pet owners...this would not even be an issue.

In my area (and the area I release them at), the only animals that would
be in any danger would be MOSTLY mice/rats.  Of course birds too.  To my
knowledge, there are no endangered species in these areas.

Maybe you could try to promote the program.  The more people that get
involved, the less the populations will be, and eventually, they will
cross the bridge without ever having mothered any litters to add to the
population.

Just a thought.  No arguement, 'cause you make a good point!

~Kim