From:
CORRINE ROONEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 21:05:05 EST
Gina,
Several months ago I had to give one of my fuzzies pills too and he wouldn't
go for the old disguise it trick.  I've heard of pill shooters but was
unable to find one.  What I did was break the pill into a swallow- able
size, get another person to hold the ferret and I would pry open his mouth
(the ferret ,not the other person LOL)with my hand and put the pill on his
tongue.  I would then hold his mouth closed and rub under his neck until he
swallowed.  It usually took more than once to get the whole pill down
because I would break it into small pieces, I was afraid he might choke if I
didn't.  I know this may seem cruel and mean to the ferret, but there was no
other way to give him the meds he needed.

Corrie
PS: If anyone has any other ways that work I would love to know because
if I have to give him meds again I'd like any easier way. Thanks.