From:
Laura Hamlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:12:41 -0700
Hey there...

Somebody posted a few days ago about one of her fuzzies causing redness
and sores by biting another fuzzy's neck.  I kept waiting for a response,
because ours do that -- for over a year, we thought it his little neck
sores were caused the kitten, Mia, who wrestles with Bosco.  Then last
weekend, we witnessed it ourselves!  They're just playing, and nobody
seems upset or in pain -- but after Elliot's done with him, Bosco's neck
looks all red.

What do you guys think -- don't worry about it, or do something?

Laura

p.s.  The "treat withholding project" is going swimmingly!  Now when
Bosco shows up in the morning, I set him on the bed with his ferret
food.  After staring at us a few minutes, he eats it.  Still doesn't
seem to like the cage (which we've moved into his room, with his food),
but he's eating ferret food.  YAY!  He gets maybe 1 treat a day -- a
raisin or piece of cereal -- if he's eaten at least 2 meals in our
presence.  Thanks for all the suggestions!