From:
Megan Mohrbacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:05:01 -0500
I don't know what to do about my kids getting down into my couch.  As soon
as I get home to let them out, not more then 5-10 minutes later one or the
other (or both) are down in the couch.  They already tore the lining out of
the bottom of it.  We have 2 different couches in our apartment and they
don't seem to bother the other one.  They go down through the coushions
too...digging to get there (tearing the material of the couch) and then
when they finally get down into the bottom of the couch they dig at the
carpet.  I have to prevent them from doing this because I can not have them
tear up the apartment.  I can not shut them off to just one room.  We do
not really spend any time in the room that I keep them in (while no one is
home).  And the way the apartment is set up you can not keep them out of
the living room; the rooms are HUGE and open (not a lot of doors anywhere)
just to the bedroom and the bathroom the kitchen and living room are face
to face (no doors).  And we spend all of our time in the living
room/kitchen.  I have no idea what to do.  I am going to have to get rid of
that couch and look for another one but I don't want them tearing up a new
couch.  I am not sure if I will be able to find one that they will not be
able to get down into.  ANY SUGGESTIONS???  I really need the help.

Thanks so much,
Megan (and the couch diggers!!!)