From:
Cindy Michou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:31:23 -0800
Alex, Alex, Alex! We laughed so hard when we read your description
of home devastation caused by wolverines. That image has been a long
standing joke here at our house. Why?? At one time we considered
rehabbing minks, wolverines, and otters for fish and game. We decided
that the neighbors probably wouldn't go for it. The up side would have
been that we wouldn't have had any trouble with the loose neighborhood
dogs, cats or those annoying door to door people! Of course this begs
several questions, all with one answer. Where would the wolverine
sleep? Where ever he wants to! What does he eat? Whatever he wants to!
Where do you go for walks? Where ever he wants!

Now if Todd wants a really big weasel, he needs to get a sea otter
instead since they are the largest member of the weasel family in North
America. They weigh in at 80-100 lbs. Of course he won't be able to use
his bathtub, hot tub, pool or Jacuzzi as the case may be. His floors
would warp from the water and his walls would mold and crumb from all
the moisture. His seafood bill (and maybe his marshmallow and chocolate
bill if they decide to make smores) would be horrendous but they are a
fun loving bunch. If he wants to walk his otter he needs to make sure
he gets an Alaskan Sea Otter because they regularly leave the water to
walk around on land unlike the California Sea Otter which spends their
entire life in the water. There again he might need the Pittsburgh
Steelers help to keep from being drug into whatever water may be at
hand.

Cindy Michou and the gang at Hiland Ferrets

Alaska-home to seven members of the weasel family