From:
Garry F Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:49:53 -0500
Please send a bit of light into the universe for Gimli, my 'cuddle
bum', my 'little lion'. Anyone who saw him would say his face resembled
a lion. I often thought if he would tolerate a mane, the MGM lion would
have competition! He passed over last weekend ... Sunday ... we just
woke up the boys for a run. Gimli felt cold to the touch. And limp. We
gave him some watered down food and he perked up for about an hour. He
always seemed to like 'cuddling' inside a flannel shirt, so inside he
went. It was so quick ... and we knew it would be soon. Gimli went so
cold, his breath became 'stove pipe' so quickly ... all thoughts turned
towards sending him energy to find his way onward ... it's ironic that
he passed over lying in the same 'shape' that he would often lie, a
furry 'question-mark'... inside a shirt ... or curled up with Jink...

We adopted Gimli and his 'business-mate' Jink, together about a year
ago. Both were always a bundle of fur together, with nose's & toes's
tangled up in a fashion so that it was playfully difficult to find
who was who! It was tragic to live through Gimli passing so quickly,
without any apparent reason (vet said he might have had a stroke but
otherwise no apparent cause). Jink is still here. Imagine a 3.8 pound
albino fert, who is often described as an 'Otter' 'cause of his size
and body type ..  that's Jink. He is grieving. And we're spending
extra time with him. We've had ferts since about 1984, usually 2 or 3
at a time (its so-o-o-o much fun to look into the snuggle sack and try
to figure out which Fert owns which nose or toes!!).

If anyone in Central NY, the Finger Lakes area knows of a fert who
needs a home, please let us know. This critter would need to be old
enough to stand up to Jink, who is often described as "Scary Ferret",
because he startles easily. However he is also a 'big boy' and likes
to wrestle, so his new bud who have to be able to stand up to him!

I have to admit going to the ‘PetsWareHouse’ yesterday (or whatever
that place is called ... no insult ... but I don't like the industrial
quality of those type of places). The enclosed aquarium held 4 little
Marshall Farms fuzz butts. I can do a pretty good imitation of a 'dook'
and can usually energize caged ferts! It was so difficult not to walk
away with the 4 of them!

We miss and love Gimli. Who knows if Heaven is real ... or if the
'Bridge' actually exists? If Prayer can make it so, I would wish
that Gimli is now curled in a considerable hanging sack ... with
Jake, Lucy, Jesse, Seneca, JT, Molly.

Pink nose ... I see a pink nose over that way ... that way ...