From:
Debbi Walcker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:17:36 -0700
While it's true that Dr. Jonson-Delaney's license is suspended at this
time, I have to point out that it was a knee-jerk reaction by the state
pending investigation of allegations. We don't know what is going to
come of this investigation, so discussion in this hugely public forum,
of an individual whose career as a researcher and DVM dedicated to
furthering our understanding of ferrets, ferret diseases and how to
effectively treat/generally care for these little guys is absolutely
her whole life, is

1. Awfully premature,
2. Destructive to both the person and the process, and
3. Terribly divisive to our ferret-loving community who tend to feel
very strongly about anything related to proper care of their fuzzies.

There are many of us here on the FML who have had regular interaction
with Dr. Cathy and will want to throw out bits and pieces of
information, observations, and plenty of opinion. Having worked with
her for several years now as the Foster Care Coordinator for WFRS I
have all that myself and it's difficult not to throw some of those out
here right now, but for every positive or negative comment made here,
there will be someone out there with an opposing one who then feels
the need to "balance the scales," and to be the person being discussed
that way would be pure hell. Out of simple human decency and respect,
let's not do that. Kevin Farlee, our president of the board, and usual
"voice" of the shelter here on the FML is out of town right now and
out of email/cell phone contact or he would have already been saying
something similar here, I'm sure.

So no matter which side of this particular fence you fall on, I would
urge you all to please, please let these legal proceedings get
completed without discussion here.

~Debbi Walcker~
Foster Coordinator & VP
Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter