Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 11:22:53 EDT
I just wanted to extend a somewhat belated but very much heartfelt public
thank you to all of the folks involved in making the law change in Florida a
reality.  Sincere thanks go to DD and Kevin Glaser, and members of the
Brevard Ferrets Lovers Rescue, Inc. for all you did, including making long
trips from Melbourne to Tallahassee to present our case to the powers that
be (also, thank you for keeping us posted on the progress!).  A very big
thank you to Marie Wallace and Susie Sherman, and to your families for all
of your very hard work, sacrifice and expense you put forth in organizing
this effort.  Thank you to all who took part in this effort whose names I
don't know.

Finally, a very special thank you goes to Mina Baxter, without whose
assistance and sharing this all may not have transpired.  Through your
tragic loss, ferrets across the state have been protected.

It is very difficult to put into words what a wonderful feeling it is to
know that our ferrets are only a signature away from being fully protected
by the law.  And this was all made possible by the efforts of a handful a
people -- you should be proud of your accomplishment (I am!).  Again, from
our family of seven ferrets and from ferrets across Florida who never knew
they were in danger, thank you for making our state a safer place to live!

Lucie and Jack (with fuzzy hugs from Bandit, Gandalf, Jasmine, Aislyn,
Mandrake, Merlin, and Myst)