From:
Linda Eads <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 12:56:12 -0400
Hi --
First, I would like to thank everyone who wrote to me and/or posted about
my post and of course, thank you for trying to be understanding that I
wasn't really trying to say anything negative about people who have let's
say "more than a few" (smile) ferrets.  My concern is about the 50 ferrets
that I wrote about, not about everybody else's 20, 30 or more ferrets, as
I can not say that specifically you can not take care of them, as I know
that many people can - it's these 50 ferrets that I am so concerned about.
I hope I explained that right!

Now, it was brought to my attention that because of my post, people might
think badly or something about shelter's.  I love shelter's, they are a
great place to take your ferrets if for some unknown reason you can no
longer care for your babies.  I know an absolutely great shelter called
Rocky's Runaway Shelter run by a very dear lady Barbara Clay.  Shelter's
have more than 50 ferrets quite frequently, but they are set up for this
and usually have many helping hands, although that is not always the case,
so if you know of a shelter in your area that might need a little extra
help, ask them if there is something you can do, if of course this would be
something you would like to do.  Even an hour every couple of weeks would
be appreciated, I'm sure.  I want to assure everyone that I was not in any
way saying that I really want to take away other people's rights, I was
(am) just so concerned about these ferrets, that I didn't think it all the
way through and I apologize to anyone and everyone who felt I wanted to do
anything except help these 50 ferrets.  And I did not want to mean or want
to scare, make anyone feel guilty (should they need to turn to a shelter
for help) or anything else about the wonderful shelter's that are out there
to help these little guys.  Shelter's do more than just take in and adopt
out ferrets - they love and care for these little guys, they are always
more than willing to offer to help to anyone who has a question or needs
to find a good Vet.  There usefulness is unlimited!  Thanks

Sharing your pain reduces it.  Sharing your joy increases it.  Sharing
your peace creates it.