From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 19:09:33 -0500
To Sam Kinsey and anyone else:

I was finally able to get thru to the Consumers Affair Division of US Air
and was told the ruling is ambiguous....there is no ruling that specifically
bans ferrets in the cabin, however there is a rule that only allows
domestic dogs, cats, and birds in the cabin.  So, your success in getting
a ferret on board in the cabin rests more or less on of the interpretation
of these regulations by whoever books your flight and checks you in.

This is not a good answer and certainly not the one you wanted to hear,
however, the rep I spoke with was openminded and willing to hear my thoughts.

I am planning to send them documentation and a letter.  I am asking several
vets to write a letter of support for this cause, and I plan on including
a short history of the domestic ferret to prove this is not a wild animal.

Hopefully, these efforts will encourage them to rewrite the ruling - I'm
optimistic as you can see - we have to start somewhere.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA