From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:03:59 -0800
>From:    "Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bad ferret habit
>Clover has a bad habit.  She wakes me up before 6am, (my alarms are set
>for after 7), by biting my ankles and scratching my legs and feet.
=========================

Sandra,

I also have a 6 a.m. alarm clock by the name of Raider.  Lucky for me I'm
*suppose* to get up at that time anyway.  Truthfully I enjoy being *asked
for* attention.  It took some getting used too, I'll admit.  I did the same
thing you did for a while.  Pick him up, put him down - only to have him
do it 10X over!  I then figured out he just wanted a bit of a tummy rub,
a snuggle, then a jog around the bed (under the covers, thru my legs,
etc...).  Once this morning ritual is complete, I give him a little treat
(kept next to my bed) and he's on his merry way.  Now I know some will say
this encourages him to wake me up every morning for a morning treat - all
I'm saying is this "WORKS for ME and RAIDER".  I tried giving him the
snuggle and jog only - but he'd keep coming back.  I finally figured a
treat might make him go to his hidey hole - which it did.

Anyway, please let us know of all the suggestions you get, what ends up
working for you and Clover.

FuzzHugz,

Tanya