From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:15:16 -0700
I wanted to highlight a few ferrets that are currently avilable for
adoption in case anyone on the list is looking or knows someone who is:
Being that I usually take in old and sick ferrets, it's unusual that I
have so many for adoption - but the give-ups and abandoned cases have
been really heavy this past month.

Laurel & Hardy are two stunning petite little girls.  Both are dark, dark
sables.  They are approx 2 years old and are full of energy.  Laurel is
so small that she can get under the stove where she takes great pride in
a little trick - I hear "clank, clank" where I'll open up the drawer
under the stove where I keep my pan lids, and there she is, and we say
"Peek-A-Boo".  Their hobbies are chasing eachother in the tubes, hopping
in the peanut pool, stealing remote controls and hiding shelter mom's
shoes.  They both come running when you ring a little bell and these
girls just love chewing on "Greenies".  I do not recommend a family with
young children as Hardy will give a very rare bite when you stop her from
doing something she really wants to do.  They have been together since
they were kits, and I believe they may be sisters.  They must go as a
pair.

Calvin and Sam-Wise: are two boys who were found abandoned outside.  They
are healthy young males, I believe no more than 2 years each.  Sam-Wise
is a light Chocolate w/a Bib and Calvin is a light Chocolate
w/Bib/mitts/almost blaze and a cure mottled little nose......they'd
probably technically be called mutts.  Calvin not only likes baths, he
loves to swim!  Sam-Wise loves a long snoozs in a hammock and they like
squeeky toys.  These are typical boys - they love treats - love to play
and like to get their little backs rubbed.  They must go as a pair.

Lastly, there are 2 5-yr old ferrets in Kentucky looking for a home as
their Mommy is moving to California.  She would like very much to stay in
touch with the adoptive family.  I am not able to bring these girls into
the shelter due to their age and the high risk of their getting ECE.  I
do not yet have their color or personality info other than that they're
very sweet - One has had adrenal surgery.  These little Seniors will
require lots of love to help them get through such a big change in their
advanced years.

If you, or anyone you know has an interest in these wee ones, please
contact me at The Ferret Haven - [log in to unmask]

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
Louisville, KY