Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 04:32:15 -0500
>And, of course, there is another innocent explanation for the confusion -
>a simple typo.  The numerals 8 and 9 are right next to each other on the
>keyboard and it is very possible an innocent and common mistake was made.

Well, I have seen it more than once so I can see why someone might be
confused.

>Now, that is a problem for me.  Anyone choosing to criticize or accuse
>another of something should be willing to do it openly.

Not necessarily.  I can fully understand why someone wouldn't.  See below.

>but you are a coward when you

Again, see below.

>hoping that the rare individuals who do behave as yesterday's solitary
>letter writer did get the counseling and medical help they need to have
>normal levels of control over their actions.  After all, actions DO speak
>more loudly than words, and, Letter Writer, your actions said it all.

Well Sukie, since you have so recently said almost exactly the same thing
to me privately, I will take a leap of faith and assume you think I wrote
the post.  I didn't.  But your private email is what prompted me to post
about my own medical problems a few days ago, so that you wouldn't wrongly
assume it was for anything but a nasty virus.  BTW folks, I do take very
small amounts of an anti-depressant.  Have for years.  And I think that I,
my therapist and my doctor know a bit more about my mental health than
someone I have not met.  Wait a minute, I think I hear the dog talking
again. ;-)  (yes folks, that is a joke!!)

Sukie, maybe you should think about your own motives first.  Questioning
someone's facts doesn't mean someone needs help.  And it saddens me that
you are using such an attack to argue against something you don't like.  It
really aggravates me that you constantly tell others how to act and then
do things like this yourself.  Live by your own words, and use example.  I
can only, seriously, hope that you posted this only because you assumed it
was me.  I hope you are not using this type of argument with anyone you
disagree with.

As for risking someone's health.  This is serious too, if that post was
enough to risk someone's health, then I strongly urge that person to get
to a hospital.

This type of thing publicly is very mild compared to some stuff privately.
And why I don't blame anyone for posting anonymously.  About anything.

Folks, I responded to this because I am doing my broken record routine.
When someone asks me to be nice, I have to laugh.  Because I have been
getting much worse from folks on the fml for three years now.  On a regular
basis.  Even folks who have never posted on the fml, but knew me, have
gotten much worse from folks on this list *about* me.  I even had my
lifelong girlfriend tell me once "don't they know you are too lazy to do
all that shit?" I have had folks on this list lie to me about why they are
writing only to bomb me with something a month later, twisting things
around or seemingly deliberately misunderstanding what I said to fit their
desire.

That is why I constantly post and tell others to seek any formal recourse
they can.  I have been following my own advice until recently.  I realize,
once again, that the folks doing this to fill their own desires and there
isn't anything ANYONE can do about it.  Don't waste your breath arguing
with them.  It doesn't have a damn thing to do with you.  It has to do with
their own feelings and needs.  That is all.  If it is slanderous or libel,
talk to a lawyer like I did and get yourself a formal request to stop out.
Make complaints with isp's.  Get a formal record of it.  Once it not
usually enough to get a lot done, but it makes it easier when it happens
again.  And again it will.

And if you post something to a third party, and this forum counts, even
without a proper name it can still be slander or libel.  If it can be
identified as being pointed at you.  Remember that for your files also.
What is slanderous?  Questioning someone's mental health, etc. can fit the
bill.  So be careful and look at your own motives before making accusations
about folks you don't know, have had little contact even online with, if
any at all.  It could save you some legal trouble later on.

Maggie, who is sad and not from her depression and for those on the list a
long time, is seriously considering putting her Celtic humor warning back
in her sig file