From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:46:17 -0500
>It may sound cold and insensitive, but I can't read about the ones that
>have died.  I can't deal with the sadness and depression it causes.
>Right now, I have enough sad and depressing things in my life without
>adding to them.

It certainly does sound a bit insensitive, but it can be quite
overwhelming.  It's easy enough to skip over the sad stuff (I've
remembered other people complaining about it before getting that answer),
and I thought Beverly's comments were ones I've shared several times.
I certainly know how cathartic it is to be able to talk about someone
(or thing) you care about when it's gone, and even when it seems like
the FML is full of talk about death, I realise this is one of the only
understanding outlets for people who've lost a ferret.  I know I
certainly wouldn't get much elsewhere.  Even though I rarely answer I
try to read every one and spare a good thought towards the greving.