From:
"Goth .Queen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:04:04 +0000
The real issue in the UK that needs to be addressed is how to properly
control the breeding of ferrets.  I'd like to see a requirement for every
breeder and every person rescuing ferrets to be licensed by the local
authorities, with the premises subject to inspection and with proper
breeding or fostering records kept.  I have already spoken to my local
authorities to find out if I need to be registerd as someone who takes
in rescues, but I shall leave you all to do the same with your own local
authorities.  Just think if no-one ever bred ferrets again, then we'd now
be looking at the final generation and in 7 to 10 years the UK would be
ferretless, so we would not have the need for Ferret Rescues, nor would
there be any need for ferret clubs, national or otherwise and as for
people writing books about ferrets, their would be no need for that also.
The ferret in the UK would go the way of the Dodo.  I think people in the
UK will still be rescuing ferrets when I am 6ft under.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/ferretwelfare/index.html ;
The UK Charity Commissioners are appointed under the Charities Act 1993
principally to further the work of charities by giving advice and
information also checking for abuses.
Aims:- To give the public confidence in the integrity of charities.
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/sgc .

I neither run a rescue center, nor do I ask the public or events
organisers to supply monetary funds to help me with my hobby of rescuing
animals, unlike some here in the UK all the work done by myself and
others is done at our own expense.
http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/index.html

http://www.shropshire-promotions.co.uk
http://www.hva-er-galt.com/ssof/