From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:46:22 PDT
hello all!!
first off, i need to thank all of yiu that have written to me or are writing
to me about my little ones.  yes, there is still coccidia in on e of the
brats.

he just won't get rid of it!  they all are putting on a bit o' weight
(yippee!!) but they still are skinny...too skinny in my opinion... any body
else have this much trouble kicking the disease (i have four litle ones and
they are hard to keep separate...even the new fat boy begs to sleep with his
foster family!!) i end up giving in... fezzik has had it the longest and he
seems to get a new bout of mush poopies when ever i am running more than a
few hours late on his once daily dose of albon.  wierd.  the others aren't
really like that... ...

my next question is about ferret testing.  i lov emy nico to death.  unfort,
the doc has seen and felt his enlarged spleen.  the xrays show a slightly
enlarged heart (he didn't think so but the more advanced RAD consult he went
to said so) and a weird bubble above his colon.  i say bubble b/c we don't
know if it is a cyst, tumor or a lymph node...etc...

anyway, we have had the xrays and the bloodtests done.  no insolima apparent
as of yet and mos everything came back norm.  now tomorrow, due to the
consult's advice, we are getting an ultrasound done.  checking for the
problem with the bubble.

can anyone tell me what i can expect from the ultrasound?  he said it is
more money to go into the heart cavity.  so at this time he doesn't suggest
it b/c heart isn't the main prob.  right now.  but i wonder.  couldn't he
have gotten the same results that he is getting from the ultrasound htat we
got from the xrays (one on side one belly up) and the blood/urinalysis.???
i mean, overall, i didn't learn much from the bloodtests.  the untrasound
would show what the xray would but in better detial right?  so the xray and
blood/urine test first/???  is he checking my bank accounts' durability?????
i hope not.  he seems so great otherwise.  if he doens' tknow he offers to
go to the best or colleagues in NYC.  but you never know...

so what can i expect from the ultrasound??  detailed report back?  will he
know if it is a tumor or a lymph node.  what if it is just a lymph node?  is
that good or bad?  what are the options i have to look at??

as well versed as i feel i am with fert behaviors....and as much as i think
i am a tall 6' ferret mom...i have so little knowledge about their
diseases...any info, no matter how simple it may seem would be great!!!

thank you agian, you guys give me the confidence i need to "quiz" my vet and
check his abilities out!!!

:)
meg...worried in NY
keera: ma, why you keep feeling nico's belly??  he isn't THAT fat anymore!!
fezzik: stupid girl, she is trying to find out if we are having more
brothers and sisters!!
hagas: mom!  why cna't i beat up the old man????  he's an old fart..come
on ma!!
nico: it's ok mom. i'll be better for you. stop the sobs and give me
some lovin'!!