Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:42:34 -0400
It has recently been brought to my attention that there are those in the
ferret community that think Rose German of Little Feet Ferret Retreat has
been misrepresenting herself and what she does to sell bedding on ebay.
Nothing could be further from the truth.  If you would bear with me I
would like to try to right a wrong here.

Rose does rescue ferrets and quite a few of them too.  Yes, she does
take one from a pet store occasionally and she fosters for some of the
local shelters too.  Usually sick or older ones that are considered
unadoptable.  Ones that no one else wants.  Sometimes ones that are at
deaths door.  Some of the ones from pet stores she has taken out of
deplorable conditions.  The ones she fosters she pays for their medical
care and treatment out of her own pocket.  The bedding she sells on ebay
is strictly to pay for medical treatment for all her ferrets.  There are
times that all the proceeds from her sales go to the local shelter to
help out with their medical bills.You recently saw a plea listed here to
sell a 7 piece set on ebay to benefit Gimme Shelter Ferret Rescue.  Over
one hundred dollars from that sale went to the shelter.

There are many shelters out there that Rose has sent bedding to or
sometimes just a touching story has made her send out bedding or treats
and toys.  No, she is not a licensed shelter or rescue and that is
because the ferrets that go to her home stay there.....forever!!  She
can't put them up for adoption so she does it all on her own.  I have
been to her home and seen the love and care all her ferrets get.  I have
purchased her bedding and have been more than happy with each and every
piece.

To those out there that have started or added fuel to this rumor please
know that none of it is true and to allow it to continue is only hurting
ferrets in her care.

Diddy