From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:03:26 -0800
AND I AM WORRIED.  I am hoping it just stress from the move from one house
to another.  Her first 4 days here seemed fine, she might have had a system
overload being introduced to 2 cats and an 8 year child.  Her poops were
fine, solid, brown and plentiful, to me a sign of good health.  I never
really did see her eat much, though I did offer her a mix of the food her
other mom fed her, plus added it to my Iams and ferret food.  She drinks
plenty of water, even this morning she was drinking and even played bobbing
for raisins.  This afternoon I noticed she seemed to slow down a bit,
then I noticed her stools were getting softer and the last 2 she had were
mucousy and light yellowish brown, as I was cleaning that one up, I saw her
dry heaving, produced nothing.  Her eyes are clear, no discharge from nose.
Her body feels to be the same temp as before..( being only familiar with
cats and dogs, how does one temp a ferret..correct me if I am wrong..the
temp runs between 102.8 and 104..??) I palpated her tummy could not feel
anything nor did she resist or react.  I gave her some petromalt which she
took, I was thinking maybe she is blocked..I dont know what to think..I
cant think clearly when it is my own that is sick.  I do know she likes to
chew things up, things that Chandler never gave a second thought to, so I
have omitted alot of toys from her stash.PLEASE IF ANYONE has any thoughts
on this..please e-mail me.  And one other thing..What does a one dot tattoo
mean..it is on her ear.

Thank you
June, Chandler and Socks