From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:12:30 -0400
1) How long have you had ferrets?
Since June 1996

2) What got you interested in ferrets?
I saw my first ferret in a pet store about 30 years ago, but wasn't in
the market for any pet at the time.  Then our first dog met one being
walked on a leash and growled at it.  I thought that ferrets would not
be a good idea.  My daughter asked for a stuffed one, and then for a real
one when she was nine.  We decided to give it a try even though we had
two dogs at the time.  The one who growled wasn't a problem at all.  He
basically ignored them--go figure.  The Yorkie loved to play with them,
and was always gentle.

3) Do your ferrets get Easter baskets or have a Christmas stocking?
Yule presents, but no Easter baskets.

About you -

1) Do you consider yourself an enthusiast, owner or slave?
Slave--definitely

2) How many hours a week do you spend tending to your babies?
My daughter and I share the work.  She usually does the cleaning, and I
make sure that the food and water is always there and fresh.  Playtime,
feeding and cleaning is usually a few hours per day.  So about 15 per
week.  But I don't consider playtime work.  :-)

3) Do you have any tattoos, piercings, etc?
My daughter and I have one hole in each ear.  I've managed to hold the
line on tattoos, but my daughter is planning on getting one in the
future.  I've noticed MOST owners are either pierced or tattooed or
both....maybe it's because we have a high tolerance for pain because
we're used to being pierced by needle sharp teeth?  LOL!  My husband
is also planning to eventually get a pierced ear.

About the FML-

1) Why did you join the FML?
To learn about ferrets.  When I first got them, there was MUCH less
information available.  I've learned a lot of valuable information from
the FML.

2) What is your favorite thing about this group?
The funny stories and wealth of information that is available to everyone
who wants it.

3) Least favorite thing?
The flame wars.  Luckily my scroll key works real well.  I just go past
them.

Melodyt and the fab five

--
Melody Tomaszewicz
Holdings Record Maintenance Team Leader

             \(_   \(_

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."