From:
HAL-9000-X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:43:48 -0700
Roger Vaughn, Thank you for the reply and concise support.

Sometimes we can find the legal weapons we need in those who make the
arguement against us.

I can't see how CA F&G can consider Ferrets a pest and not feral cats?
It would be in our best intrests to eliminate the feral cat population.
If there are packs of pitbulls wondering around a inhabited area, whether
they hurt someone or not the "city" would eliminate the packs as they
represent a clear and present danger.  Why should feral cats be given
rights beyond those of other feral animals?

In Florida they plowed over a mangroove habitat to build condo's and then
they had a proplem with displaced racoons.  The racoons were found to
poise a possible risk of rabies attacks on the human population.  The
trapped and killed all of them , some 14 animals including mothers with
baby "Coons".  Why?  because they had a perception of racoons being
vectors for rabies.  This is untrue but yet the Coons suffered because
of the ignorence of those who didn't understand these beautiful animals.

We should have a "Culling" program as feral cats don't serve any useful
purpose and are parasitic on local wildlife.

If you walk into your backyard and shot a crow , bluejay or any other
wildlife and a neighbor saw you do it they coud call the Police and have
you arrested.  If "Fluffy" kills the crow it's no big proplem.  Does that
make sense???

Feral cat programs that neuter don't eliminate the proplem, it only
lessens the numbers.  It dosen't address the prolem with the cats killing
wildlife.  If we can document just one kill of an endangered species
by a cat they would have no option but to effectivly control the cats
(eliminate) ... This is not exceptable with cat fanciers, as they
beleive that these cats have their place in society..  So what is the
REAL solution?  is it a "Final Solution?"  I still see an unavoidable
arguement using feral cats as an example...

All the best, Mark J., Peta S. Bethke, Maximillion (The Chihuahua) &
Zeus (The Weasel)