From:
"Brian K. Dore'" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1992 10:20:22 -0500
  After hearing about all of the ferrets that were in the shelter in
Florida, I got to wondering how one would go about adopting a ferret
from a shelter.  I saw a lot of requests for food and supplies, but
I don't remember anything about placing them.  (Could be that ferret-like
attention span of mine too)  People ask me from time to time about
having a ferret as a pet, and if there are really ferrets out there
in need of homes, I'd prefer to point them to a shelter before sending
them to a pet store.

(obligatory ferret story)

  On Sunday afternoon during the football game, Tataille managed to get
his head into the crack under the kitchen cabinets.  I had previously
sealed up the larger gaps, but had left those alone since there was
no way he could manage to squeeze in there.  Well I was wrong, and after
a few minutes of feeling around with my fingers I was satisfied that he
was stuck.  I got out the hammer and detached the cabinet section from
the wall in order to disassemble it.  B.G. came over and sat down with
me on the backside of the cabinet to watch, and out crawls Tataille!
When I moved the cabinet away from the wall, all of a sudden there was
a reason for him to go forward, and he managed to get his body through
the crack his head was stuck in.  (About one inch I'd guess)  It reminded
me a lot of Roger Rabbit when Roger just slips out of the handcuffs.
(I missed the end of the game too.)  I'm convinced that there is no such
thing as a Ferretproof house.

Brian, Tataille, and B.G.

Brian K. Dore'                 Internet  :   [log in to unmask]
Systems Analyst                U.S. Mail :   PO Box 42770
University Computing Services         Lafayette, LA 70504
University of Southwestern LA  Telephone : (318) 231-6868