From:
Lola Strode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:04:40 EST
Hi my name is Lola and I don't write often to the list though I do lurk
daily.  I am writing tonight due to an incident at "Uncle Bills Pet Store"
in Indianapolis.  I went in with my daughter to get a fish bowl for her
Beta.  I normally don't frequent this store do to I hate the way the
animals are treated.  I decided to go back and see if they had any
ferrets.  At first I didn't see any.  Then I notice in the back of the
cage (all wire cage) was a female ferret.  I took her out and held her.
She just loved the attention.  No biting.  Her nails were long, No food
in her cage, No bedding in her cage, and no toys in her cage.  I asked
the manager about the food and toys.  He said she must have ate all her
food, and they don't get any toys.  Oh was I po'd.  I bought the Ferret.
I know it didn't help matters but it did help her.  I have never bought
a ferret for myself and have wanted a baby for a long time.  I decided
to help those already needing homes.  Who do I contact regarding this
treatment of the ferret?  Any ideas.  He said he will be getting a
shipment soon.

I named her Argument and call her Aggie.  Argument is because that is what
happened when I got home with this babie because my husband said no more
Ferrets.  I only had 8 Now I have 9.  A nice round number I think LOL.  I
spent money we didn't have and then they had the nerve to try and sell me
food.  I told him I thought I would buy my pet supplies from someone who
cared about their animals.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Any ideas on who
to write please let me know.

       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_

Lola and the Awesome Babies (Amaretto, Addakiss, Stuart, Rascal, Mr. Softy,
Thumbalina, Chatterbox, Marshmallow, Snowflake, Snowball, Aggie, & Booger
(our missing baby) Missing Naya & Hyde Our Rainbow Babies.
Thanks Kat for the Ferret above.