Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 12:02:32 +0000
I went to my first Championship Ferret Show yesterday.  It was run by The
Ferret Trust, a rescue group in Northumberland UK.  It was amazing.  Around
350 ferrets of all sizes colours and temperament!  They created a new
category for disabled ferrets, of which there are quite a few belonging to
members who have rescued them.  It was a very long tiring day but a lot of
the public had their misconceptions about ferrets being nasty and vicious
dispelled and perhaps this will help ferret keeping in general.  I was also
pleased to meet two other wheelchair users who kept ferrets.  Ferrets are a
great pet for a disabled person.

Jacqui

http://www.btinternet.com/~hobgoblina/ferret_mania/

This site was designed by my 20 year old daughter who suffers from a
rare brain condition called Psuedotumor Cerebri and who has few friends
suffering from it in the UK so would love to contact others with PTC.I
couldn't have gone to the show without her help.