From:
The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 18:51:01 -0700
Howdy Listmates!
What a fun topic!  I love reading what others call their ferrets (both in
name and in nickname!) The two goofs I have often go by various names.

Baxter is my big boy.  He is about a 4 or 5 month old sable and he is a
biter so some of his names reflect that.  He also isn't the brightest star
in the sky, but we love him anyway.  I frequently call him Butt-head since
he doesn't grasp things as quickly as Minka does.  (That would include
falling out of the hammock for about 3 days straight because he couldn't
figure out why he was falling.)  My family calls him the bad boy, drac, fang
and lately since he is about twice Minka's weight tubby or the fat one.

Minka is about 1 1/2 yr silver mitt female.  She is usually called Minkarue
(then I tell her I rue the day I discovered ferrets :) or Minker, or the
good one.  Then of course since Baxter is Butt-head she gets the occasional
Beavis.  Sometimes she also gets called the brat because she is so spoiled.
As a collective I call them right and left with Minka being left since I am
left handed.

One final quick question: What is appropriate bath temperature for ferrets?
I try about luke warm (about what I would use for a baby) and am not sure if
it is too cool for them or maybe they are just not water friendly weezoes.

Thanks!
joanne hinton
sierra vista, az