From:
Sandra Nichelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 21:17:08 +1300
>From:    "J. S. LEE" <[log in to unmask]>
>Has anyone had experience with New Zealand Ferrets?

Hi there everyone.
I haven't posted anything before, though I have been reading the ferret
digest for several months.  We have a four month old albino ferret that we
got from a breeder in Christchurch NZ.  He breeds them mainly for hunting
rabbits as rabbits are a major pest here.  Our ferret is beautiful.  She
loves to play, though occasionally she plays a bit rough and nips, but not
very hard.  She has the run of the house and garden during the daytime, but
has a large cage to sleep in at night.  From what I have read on the digest,
she behaves very much like the ferrets in the States.  She is in the process
of destroying our bed.  She has burrowed into the bottom part and pulled all
the stuffing out, and I think hat some of our missing socks might be found
in there.  If I can be of any help, you can e-mail me at