From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:45:37 -0800
Firstly Sir Silver BooBoo Bear has something to say to Tater:

Tater - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  You promised you'd send snow and
you did!!  It snowed all day here in Vancouver and mum says as soon as it
gets light out again I get to go play as long as I want and then I get a
blow dry afterward!!!  Thank you, you are now my bestest friend.  I'm also
very sorry you have received nasty mail.  I wanted to write you but it's
hard to do with paws and Mum has been really busy putting together
literature for the Great Canadian Pet Fair so she couldn't help me out.
Love, BooBoo

Next:

>My vet charges $12 for an exam, $12.75 for distemper shots, and $8 for
>rabies....so i would say that $72 [for 2] is not unreasonable.

My vet charges $25.00 for the distemper shot and a small check up at the
same time.  And we only get that deal because we have soooo many ferrets.  A
regular offfic visit is $33.00, regular distemper shots are $40.00 and an
extra $15.00 for rabies.  Kennel rate is $35.00 / distemper shot and little
check up.  And he's cheaper than most ferret vets around because he's a
distance away.  I don't think it's so much that Canadians have so much more
to work on in terms of educating vets and pet stores, it's that we need
access to cheaper products and services.  We have managed to convince a
major pet store chain to switch to corncob bedding and litterboxes.  I know
ferret vets and breeders who have been in practice for as long as 20 years.
There are still a few places in Canada where ferrets are still illegal or
have only been legalized very recently.  Remember, we are a very large
country but we don't have the same density of population.  It takes a while
for info to travel by dog sled, you know.  <grin>

Finally:

We are pleased and proud to say that Sue, who recently lost her beloved
ferret BubbaGump (a beautiful little guy) just today met and fell in love
with Kodiak, an ex-stud in our shelter with a sweet personality.  She will
be taking Kodiak home as soon as he recovers from his neutering.
Congratulations Sue (and Kodiak!)

Sheena
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >