From:
Kelly Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:37:24 -0700
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used the new product, Revolution, on their
ferrets?  It supposedly not only eliminates fleas but ear mites too, with
just a spot application between the shoulder blades!

This sounds like a really easy way to deal with ear mites, but was
wondering if anyone has actually used it and if it seemed safe for our
little guys?

Also was wondering if anyone has successfully got a pet store to hand out
information about ECE when selling their babies to owners who already had
ferrets at home?  We've been seeing a lot of ferrets getting sick again
with the latest batch of baby ferrets being sold.

I know pet stores obviously don't want to tell people their "product" might
cause harm to their other pet, but it sure would save a lot of ferrets if
only the owners were aware of this possiblity and knew what to look out
for.  We run a small shelter and have been getting a lot of calls lately
from owners with sick ferrets and some of them have waited too long and
their ferrets couldn't be saved.  This really upsets me, because most
ferrets can survive ECE if only people knew what to watch out for and act
on it immediately.  Any ideas for getting the word out, whether it's ECE,
stress, or parasites, people need to realize how quickly these guys can go
downhill!

Thanks for listening and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Julie