Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:53:09 -0400
Hi All,

Just asking if you could, if you think of it, say a prayer for Pixel as
she's going in for adrenal/insulinoma surgery on Thursday.  I was hoping
that of all the crew, she wouldn't go that route, but Dr. Weiss says we
can't wait, her blood sugar is very low and her coat is thinning.

I'm feeling a little discouraged myself; Elie has had adrenal/insulinoma
surgery twice, still going strong at 8.5 years on Lupron and Pred, Scully
had her spleen out when we got her due to internal injuries (she was found
outside and somewhat mauled by...something?) and died of lymphosarcoma less
than a year later, Pepe has had adrenal surgery and has recovered nicely,
Pixel is going in this Thursday and Kiaya will follow soon after.  All in
all, four out of five ferrets are still alive at the ages of 8.5, 6.5, 5.5,
and 5.5, but it's been a long, expensive, sometimes emotionally draining
road.  But I love my ferrets and I wouldn't think of giving them up.  Not
sure what I'm trying to say, maybe just that I, too, would like to hear
more good news from ferret owners whose animals have stayed healthy.

Gail