Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:40:25 -0500
>whenever Hotspur goes to get a drink, he will put one paw up on one side
>of the dish and with the other paw, dig at the top of the dish before he
>will get a drink.  I was wondering if maybe his depth perception was out
>of whack?  or if he's just being a ferret?

Chris --
My guy Odo does the same thing..makes a friggin' mess.  It happens just as
you say.  I have to change the paper under the "feeding station" at least
twice a day.  My other mitt, Dax, will do it on occasion, but she just
sticks her face under the water and blows bubbles.  I keep a water bottle
filled at all times, so in case she blows and Odo digs all the water out of
the bowl, there is always water available.  The funny thing is, when I go
to give Odo and Dax a bath, you'd think the bath water was hydrochloric
acid the way they carry on.  <sigh>

-Celia