From:
MRS PATRICIA L ISRAELSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 02:13:24 EST
-- [ From: Patricia L. Israelson * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Greetings Fellow Ferret Fanatics;
  I have two brick planters in my formal dining room that are filled
with potting soil and silk plants ( I do not have a green thumb!!)  I
managed to solve the problem of ferrets digging in the planters by
putting pine cones on top of the soil.  It worked!  They must not like
the way the pine cones feel on their feet because they don't get into
the planters at all.  These planters are only 10 inches tall, so they
are definitely within reach.  I have also used pine cones in other
plants to keep the fuzzies out.  We're not talking about one or two
ferrets here folks, I've got about 25 of them that live here!  I hope
this helps, it sure does work great for me.
     Patricia Israelson and the Beggars & Thieves Ferrets