From:
"Grant, Lillian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:19:59 -0700
Howdy All!

Hope all is well with you all & yours.  Our Good Thoughts & Prayers for
those who are experiencing health problems.  Also, Our Condolences to those
who have recently lost a sweet little angel.

To start with, Moose was unable to rejoin Sabine (World Ferret Organization)
in the Netherlands, but found a permanent home with us.  He has become
Spanky best friend and medicine, for the depression he was falling into
after Claudia, the Monarch of Our Group and My Little Angel, passed over
last month.  Actually he's what the doctor ordered.  He is so full of it
and keeps everyone hoping.

Two months ago, Chris K., Ferret Anonymous Lost & Found was contacted
about a DEW female who showed up in a Retirement Home Recreation Room and
promptly hop into an elderly gentleman lap & took a nap.  His daughter took
her home, and contacted Chris, learned what to do, not to do, proper food,
etc.  No one came forth to claim her.  They named her "White Booger" (in
Spanish).  After 2 months, they decided she needed a home with other
ferrets and she came to me.

I'm not sure what her age is yet, but she is full grown, sports a beauty
mark under her left eye and one on the top of her head.  She has such huge
eyes.  Her tail is short and the tip is missing hair and looks like
blackheads.  I have since given her a bath and she turned out rather pretty.

The main concern I have is I noticed her nose was dripping clear fluid.
Her nose remains wet.  She is NOT sneezing or coughing.  She isn't very
active, I thought, at first maybe depressed because she has been left.
With her noise dripping, I have kept her separated from the rest, let her
out to play by herself.  Took her to see my Vet and he noticed she has a
hernia, most likely ran over by a bicycle.  She is suppose to go back to
him next week to have the hernia repaired.  In the week she has been with
us, she is really coming out more and more, and looking better each and
every day.  She is a real sweetie.

Has anyone had a ferret with a drippy nose, no coughing or sneezing.  The
fluid is clear?  Your help would be appreciated.

Stephanie & My Little Band Of Closet Thieves:
Spanky, Moose, SnowFlake, George & Gracie
+ Sam, Claudia, & Scarlett O'Ferret @ Rainbow Bridge