From:
pat andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:38:03 -0500
Considering the fact that ferrets are illegal in Washington DC (at least at
last check a few months ago) the article was very positive.

Yes, they mention the Toronto attack...which I followed closely and even
offered to adopt the ferret in question, but the article pointed out that
ferrets can be a very good pet in the proper household...which is much more
than one might expect in a FFZ report.

If the article hadn't been exclusively about ferrets I would have been up
in arms about how little mention the potential danger cats and dogs can
be to infants.  As it was, their were quotes from well respected ferret
community people that came across as being unbiased reporting..

While the article didn't proclaim ferrets PERFECT, at least it was honest.
I would rather admit up front that there might be problems than have
repercussions from someone saying otherwise.  (Sort of like covering your
you-know-what...)

Pat
Tess
Shiloh