From:
"Lisa P." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:46:18 EDT
Dooks to all!

I need to clean my carpets after one of my ferrets seems to have forgotten
her litter box training, or how to use the paper that surrounds it, and the
newest arrival backs up to anything larger than herself for the past few
months.  Anyways, I'm looking for something ferret-friendly, seeing that
they spend 99.9% of their time with their faces to the floor.  Someone
just mentioned (sorry, I accidently deleted the digest containing this
information) that they use a combination of natural items to clean their
floors that can be purchased at GNC.  It comes in a few scents: vanilla,
mint (I think), and something else.  I'm hoping that this person can resend
me that info, privately or to the list.  Also, can it be used on carpets,
in a carpet cleaner?

I've discovered a couple of weird food tastes that my kids have.  One day I
was chowing down on chips and dip, and of course we all know the incredible
noses these little guys have.  Well, as I'm dipping the sound of little
paws galloping can be heard from the other room.  Around the corner, in the
lead, is Stretch.  They stop, raise their heads to the sky (ok, ceiling),
test the air, and make a beeline to the couch, which just happens to have a
worried mom wondering if she could make it to the kitchen in time before
being stampeded.  Not a chance.  Stretch is the first to leap onto the
couch, into my lap, onto my shoulder, and almost headlong into the dip.
Mom has both arms in the air, one holding the bag of chips, the other the
dip.  Of course this leaves no hands to fend off the rest of the invading
troops.  She finally manages a not-so-hastily retreat, after all, have to
make sure not to squash the troops.  All but Stretch sounds the retreat and
eyes me down.  I finally raise the white flag and allow him his victory
lick.  From my finger of course, which he thought he could actually
swallow.  Finger not being good enough, makes many attempts at the actual
source.  Next best thing, moms lips.  And how can we deny being smothered
in kisses, no matter the reason. :)

And the other day I discovered my newest gal, Ashley, loves tomato soup.  I
wasn't feeling well and figured a little tomato soup would hit the spot.
Once again, footsteps are heard from the other room as Ashley comes to
check out the new aroma.  Without hesitation, she heads for the couch, me,
and the soup.  Looking up at me, I think she actually hypnotised me, she
delicately places her paws (front only) on the rim of the cup and takes
a tiny taste.  She lifts her head as her tongue does its own version of
a wardance around the outside of her mouth.  Yum!  Ashley goes in for
seconds, then thirds until I pull the cup away.  Then of course the
cleaning of the mouth on the furniture ritual.  I was right, tomato soup
definitely hit the spot.  I don't think I enjoyed a cup of soup more. :)

Take care of those little fuzzies.

Lisa and the four food warriers
Sunshine, Stretch, Snow White, and Ashley