From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 06:17:09 -0500
To Daysi:

Some ferrets just eat material.  If they haven't grown out of it by the time
they are 6months old, they probably won't.  I've heard they do this because
they aren't getting the proper diet or because they're bored.  Maybe in some
cases this is true, but not mine.

I have 2 ferrets that are 5 years old and still eat the stuff.  They have no
blankets, towels, or shirts in their cages, and I have to be careful of my
socks when they're up.  I can't tell you how many pairs of socks have been
chewed to smitherines!  :(

They never bothered their hammies for some unknown reason, but I always
felt bad they didn't have something to cuddle and hide in.  I solved this
problem by getting a hanging tent with a flat top.  This way, they can get
inside or sleep on top.  It works great.  Neither of them has ever taken a
bite out of it!

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY