From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:49:19 -0500
Hello Everyone,
I have never met a ferret w/ such a strong constitution to live.  I think
U-U was about 10-11 years old.  When I took on fostering him.  I didn't
think he would make it through a couple of months.  But, to say he made
it over year and a half, I think.  I really can't remember when I got
him.

U-U aka CK stands for a name my husband gave him.  CripKeeper.  Ulyssess
had bad cataracts in both eyes, bald, adrenal, insulinoma, internal
bacterial infection, dealing with sores on his bottom that resembled
bedsores, arthritis, bad teeth, but a strong will to live and be spoiled
by anyone.  These past couple of months, have been rough..  But, I
wouldn't trade any of it.  He was so strong even when I cried while
treating him because I knew he was in such pain.  But, he being the
trooper made me adjust and try new remedies.  This morning, it was
determined that he had come down with a neurological condition which
could have come from a stroke, that it was time.

I am missing him, this gentle old, strong guy, whose presence in body
and soul enveloped my whole day and night.  Mommie loves U