From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:57:41 -0500
Lansing show: Uhmmm, could we do it again next weekend?  My car died
Saturday, and I'm quite heartbroken to have missed it.  :(

Mo'Bob is famous: Haha.  I loved the post from Elizabeth.  Reading that
reminded me of another unauthorized description of Bob from a mutual friend.
You see, I'm married to an archeologist, and Bob is a zooarcheologist.  And
archeologists, once they start on their careers, spend an inordinate amount
of time with and talking about other archeologists, to the point that they
almost always know each other or know someone who knows someone.  So,
anyway, this mutual friend has done some work with Bob.  What does she say
about him?  "He likes ferrets.  He has a lot of them," with this quizzical
expression on her face like yeah they're cute but he's a little odd...
Apparently, the ferts help him on site with his (can you guess?) digging.

Biting fert: Mithie strikes again.  Hubby picked up mithril and sebastian at
the same time.  Wanting to give Sebastian a snuggly kiss, he raised him to
his face, only to discover (too late) that he raised the hand with Mithril
in it.  She promptly latched onto his nose HARD.  He whimpered.  I had to
rescue him by prying her jaw open.  WHY DOES SHE DO THIS?  We've got her
pretty well trained not to bite hands and feet, but she will take ANY
opportunity to bite a nose.  The thing is, she's got such a bizarre biting
streak, and she can be so mean when she's in her moods, I'm worried we'll
have to give her up.  We're thinking about practicing some human math in the
next year or two, and I just can't imagine having her in the house with an
infant or a small child.  When someone screams, she digs her teeth in deeper
and shakes.  Will she grow out of this?  Someone please tell me she will!
Don't get me wrong, she's very sweet and we love her.  She's just kind of
psycho, too.

I loved the description of the New Hampshire ferret owner who had a network
of tunnels on his property.  I'll bet they love that!  I'll have to see what
we can do likewise (though it won't be nearly as elaborate).

-Catherine