Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:08:47 -0800
to your question on how to build a ferret cage..... i have had my fuzzy
friend for 2 years now.  and for probably the first 6 months i had him he
just had a very small ferret cage the one that you can buy at petco the
starter kit one i think it is but for the first 6 months i had him he
was hardly in it he was always with me wherever i was whether i was home
or not he was with me!  but then my mom moved me in with my aunts and
needless to say they dont really like ferrets so he does not get out
nearly as much and he used to.  so the small cage was not going to cut it
and on top of that he knew how to open the door.  and can you image how
bad that was waking up at 2 am with school the next morning because
someone is screaming because the ferret is loose.  hahahah.  it was quite
funny actually.

well anyway i went to tractor supply and bought 2 medium size rabit cages
and i took the bottom off the one and top off the other (really it comes
so that you put the top and bottoms on so you just put the bottom on one
and the top on the other) and then connect them and then i cut up the
box that it was in and put them on the shelf things so his feet dont go
through.  and my aunt made a frame for me to put the cage on its just
wood legs and a frame and then osb board with the cage sitting on top and
then i set the self up so that there is one at the bottom and i put his
litter box under it and then 2 in the middle level of the cage that make
an "L" shape and then one on the upper level of the cage that is one the
opposite side as the one on the bottom it worked pretty good for me.

and then i had a probablem with him having accidents so i went to the
tile flooring place and they gave me some linolium samples so thats in
the bottom floor and on the middle level then for the second level and
top i have little carpet from walmart but i had to velcro down because
he thinks he needs to rearrange everything.

i hope this helped and you understood it all im not the best at giving
directions.

good luck
hope & nick

With great power comes an even greater responsibility...