From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 18:47:42 -0400
So, in proving that no environment is ever completely safe, i accidentally
dropped a futon section on Noodle (or rather, it got dropped on part of
Noodle.  After quickly checking him for broken anything, i let him go and
watched him until he went to the bathroom - and he had both blood in his
stool and nearly completely bloody urine.  Aie.  We made it to the vet fine
except - EXCEPT - the #$&*!^$&# football game (U-M homecoming game) had just
gotten out, and 120,000 people were also trying to leave ann arbor at the
same time we were... very scary slow going.

Xrays showed nothing out of the ordinary, his gums were a healthy pink, and
he acted awake and alert, but i still left him with the vet (not his usual
vet) and will pick him up tomorrow.  Any of the vets on the list who can be
reassuring or explain why he might have bloody urine and a bit of blood in
his stool but seem otherwise "okay" - when we left him at the vet it was an
hour and a half after the accident, and he acted normal.  he didnt exhibit
any signs of pain when the vet carefully palpated his abdomen and sides.

This was my fault, although very accidental, and i feel pretty bad - i was
vaccuuming and had left one half of the futon folded up - Noodle was in the
closet - and i bumped the futon and the half folded up came crashing down,
although the end had 'feet' on it so nowhere could it have come into
complete contact with the floor - there was a 4" rise at the foot end, and a
'pinch' at the hinge.  Noodle had moved back under the futon right before it
fell and i dont know what part of him got hit or how hard.  He's walking and
breathing fine, though.  And, we got to see nifty xrays of him.  Still..
*sigh* Thankfully, this is my first accident since i got Potpie in Jan of
93, and it doesnt seem to be too serious.

Anyway, i get to call the vet tonight and hopefully things will be okay.
Should i bring him back if his urine is still bloody?

Melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"