From:
"Charles Weiss D.V.M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 19:16:54 -0500
Anonymous poster,
>Have been using for years equal parts of flea shampoo,Pert (for children),Dr
Bonners pepermint liquid soap and Avon skin so soft.
>With this the ferrets hair is silky and they have no odor
I always say "if it ain't broke don'tfix it".  If this is working for your
ferrets I would keep using it.  You probably don't have to use the flea
shampoo (to many chemicals over an extended period of time can cause problems
if their susceptable.

I hink there is not one best shampoo for all ferrets, just like one shampoo
is not best for all people.  There are many factors involved (how long the
shampoo is left on, the ferrets individual hair texture and skin type.  There
are some shampoos that add moisture to the skin to help prevent dry skin, and
even help when the patient has dry skin.  I've had good luck with Hylyt
shampoo 9no, I don't have stock in the company!), but I'm sure there are many
that do a good job.
I'm sure most of the ferret fanciers/breeders have their own favorite shampoo
to use.
Dr Weiss