From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 13:51:10 -0600
Whew.  Sorry for shouting in the subject line <g>.

I'm absolutely livid over this -- I just learned that my local humane
society animal shelter (Lincoln, NE) does NOT adopt out ferrets.  They just
euthanize them if their owners don't reclaim them.  I called the shelter and
was given a real line of **BS** about not knowing if they'd been exposed to
rabies and not knowing whether or not they'd been altered -- oh, yeah, and
she also told me they were "classified as a wild animal that had been
domesticated," and might be *dangerous*!  I couldn't get in touch with
either the director or the assistant director, so I still haven't talked to
either of them, but I sure plan to.

I really need to know what the quarantine time is for rabies in ferrets from
someone with nifty-sounding credentials.  Has it been definitively
established?  If not, what's a reasonable period of time?

Anyone have similar experiences with the animal shelters in their areas?
Any advice?????

Thanks.

-Tasha, upset human
Gabrielle, Xena, and Trixxi, feeling-threatened little fuzzbuts

How many analytic philosophers does it take to change a light bulb?  None --
it's a pseudo problem.  Light bulbs give off *light* (hence the name).  If
the bulb were broken and wasn't giving off light, it wouldn't be a
*light*bulb, now would it?  (Oh, where has the rigor gone??!?)