From:
Tser's Menagerie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:55:05 -0000
I had a very very scary experience recently when Wiggy, my older ferret,
got through the barrier I have up and escaped into the house.  The whole
family searched for hours, using bells, squeaky toys and treats, no ferret!
It turned out he had gotten into a cupboard and crawled down a wild rat
hole and was under the house in the crawlspace!  I was so thankful that
a.) we don't poison the rats, and
b.) the vents to the outside were blocked so Wiggy didn't get outside.

Obviously my barrier was not ferret proof.

I need a LARGE GATE to keep my ferrets in their safe room!  I can't find
any.  The doorway it has to block is 62 inches wide, and that's where my
problem is coming from.  No ferret-proof gates seem to be available in
that size!

My fert babies are pretty much confined to their cage until I get one, so
I'm trying to find one asap.  Can anyone help??

Tser and her fuzzies, Wiggy and Narf