From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 07:11:19 -0400
I am very upset and need some advise. I found on Craigslist a place
called Mommasferrets because of hard times had to find a place for my
ferret. I visited this place and left sick and angry at the same time.
This lady lives in a small smoke filled apartment. Cages are piled high
to the ceiling. Some ferrets are sick, all seem stressed. She admitted
she has no funds to take care of the sick ones but every day she is on
Craigslist "begging" everyone to take her their ferrets, healthy or
sick. She now is taking in gerbers, hamsters and God knows what else.
She isn't very knowledgeable about ferrets. She claims on her website
that donations are tax deductable but she didn't have any proof of tax
exempt status or even being registered in the State of Colorado as a
non profit organization. She periodically has "sales" when she gets too
many ferrets and basically sells them cheap on Craigslist. I really
doubt that there is any kind of screening process. I did not leave my
ferret with her and feel like this is a disaster. The ferrets are
suffering and probably being adopted out to people who shouldn't have
ferrets.

Can anybody in the area check it out and help her. I think she means
well but she has no business rescuing ferrets without funds, without
space and without conscience.

Thanks

[MS]

[Moderator's note: Seems to be Denver, CO area. Lots of info from this
shelter on web. BIG]