From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:00:10 EDT
>but as soon as the door is closed he freaks out ... I don't have the space
>or the excess sanity to leave the fuzzies out all the time when we're not
>home and he's driving us nuts with his constant freaking out while in the
>cage....
>
>I even tried to set up a small enclosure specifically for the fuzzies so
>they could get in and out of their cage most of the time and have run
>space, but as soon as Percival got out of the cage he immediately began
>tearing up the carpet next to the barricades

I honestly don't think ferrets were meant to be cage animals, though many
seem to adjust.  Obviously, this little one isn't.  For starters, can
he stay out all night while you're home sleeping?  How about just one
dedicated ferret room in your home where your ferrets can be out all the
time?  Maybe it's not a room you had originally thought about.  I'm willing
to bet you will see some interesting changes in all your ferrets, not just
this little one, if you set up one room to be a ferret room for them.

Please let us know what happens...

Ronnie in Mass.