From:
Anne & Kevin Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:20:36 -0500
Hello everyone:

Our family is having a major problem - about two weeks ago we added a sweet,
cuddly male sable kit (neutered and de-scented) to our one-ferret family.
Gabe is just wonderful in every way... the only problem being that my
husband's asthma has started up again with a vengance to coincide with the
addition of the new guy.  We have had Bree, female, for 6 months with no
reaction problems.  Bree was also a kit when we got her.  Does anyone out
there have any opinions on whether males contribute more to asthma than
females, or if perhaps his reaction is caused by spring shed?  I would love
to find out that this is a temporary reaction.  We have an air purifier
going in the ferret room 24 hours a day, but to no avail.  I would love to
hear from any asthma/allergy sufferers out there.  Please, please help,
otherwise if a solution cannot be found we will have to give up Gabe to a
loving, asthma-free home, and that would just break both of our hearts.

Thank  you

Anne, Kevin, Bree and Gabe