From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:01:31 -0700
This is another reply to Anon about moving to CA.  I have lived in the
San Francisco area for years and have my ferret family.  I have had no
hassles, although I do not take the kids anywhere very public except to
the vet's office.  I also have a very good ferret vet.

If you are driving to California, there are several routes you can take
to avoid the Agricultural stations.  Perhaps someone can remind me of the
web site that gives this information.

When I had a rescue ferret shipped to me from Iowa, I met the
transportation company in Reno, Nevada, and drove the recommended rout
around the Ag station with no problems.

I would be happy to exchange more ideas with you if you want to email me.

Shirley and the kids