From:
Maryann Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:48:19 +0000
I am new to the fml, just want to say how much I enjoy it!  this is my first
post.  I got my first ferret july '96.  My girlfriend bought him as a
graduation gift for her son.  She soon discovered that he was neglecting him
and physically abusing him, so she calls me, her personal pet rescuer.  She
asked me to take him, just for two weeks, so she could find a suitable home
for him.  I had reservations because I already have a siamese cat, a
himalayan cat, a yorkshire terrier, a turtle, my husband and myself all
stuffed into a one bedroom apartment!  I was also concerned because I didn't
know anything about ferrets and the care they require.  We decided to go get
him that night, at least he would be safe with us until the right home was
found.  We stopped at the first pet store to ask what we would need for
him....a cage, water bottle, food, etc... over a hundred dollars later we
were ready to go home with him.  After getting him settled, I went online to
research about ferrets, I was amazed at how much there is to learn about
them!

The next day, we decided to let everyone meet!  To our amazement, our
yorkie, "Cricket" loved him!  they played for hours.  We immediately fell in
love with him.  Our cats were slower to come around, but they have accepted
Bandit.  Two weeks later my girlfriend calls me to let me know she had found
a home for him, I proceded to tell her "you certainly have, and don't call
looking for him again!" That night we went and got him a companion, a twelve
week old kit named Silky.  We may be a little crowded, but we're all very
happy.

     There are two questions I need answered....

1) Does anyone know where I can purchase mazuri ferret food in the
   N.J./N.Y. area?
2) The name and address of a ferret club in the same area.

                           THANKS!!!